Here's the current planned schedule for the Summit Event:
Thursday Oct 26, 2017
- Afternoon: Stakeholder Meetings: Planning, organize panels, review documents
- Evening: Happy Hour reception
Friday Oct 27
- All Day: Main Program – Presentations/Panels/Breakouts
- Social Meetups in Artisan Alley
Saturday Oct 28 - Bike Fair, mentoring
- Safety Training
- Spooks and Spokes Ride
- Costume and bike decor contest
- helmets and safety gear by FDOT, R2CTPO and others
Summit Theme and Purpose
The Summit theme is SYNERGY - the mutually beneficial, reinforcing relationships, that trails bring to individuals and communities
- Active Mobility
- Safe biking and walking - safe routes to trails, parks, schools and shopping
- Multi-modal Connections - SunRail and buses
- Economic Development and Revitalization
- Cycle Tourism - affluent, ecology-conscious visitors
- Healthy, Vibrant Communities
- Healthy, Happy People
- Active Aging
The Summit purpose
- to advance the evolution and image of the Loop
- to raise awareness of the SJR2C Loop Alliance
- to reinforce connections and relationships with communities and organizations
- to increase volunteers, friends and sponsors of the Loop
- to increase awareness of Locally-Resourceful Trail-Oriented Development and revitalization projects such as the Tri-County Agritourism Corridor
Announcing the Summit
We are pleased to announce the first St Johns River-to-Sea Loop Summit and Trail Celebration taking place in beautiful downtown DeLand - recently voted America's Best Mainstreet! The event will include participation and programs from all five counties around the Loop: Putnam, St Johns, Flagler, Volusia and Brevard. It will take place October 26 through 28 and will be the kick-off event for 2017 FDOT Mobility Week. The Summit theme is SYNERGY - the mutually-beneficial ways trails enable or act as a catalyst for active mobility, safety, community spirit, multi-modal connections, cycle tourism, economic development and health and fitness for all ages. It will include updates on trail construction and the latest news from around the Loop. It will also include updates on trail-oriented development projects such as the Tri-County Agritoursim Corridor now taking shape.
The event will include stakeholder meetings, county round-tables, a reception and happy hour on Thursday evening, a full day of programs and panel discussions on Friday, planned events Friday evening, and a Bike Fair and Spook Ride on Saturday. The purpose of the Summit is to raise awareness of and support for the Loop and the Alliance and to celebrate the way trails improve our lives and our communities. Presentations will focus on the evolution and status of the SJR2C Loop and the Alliance, the safety and health benefits of the Loop, the potential economic impact of the Loop exemplified by the economic turn-around of cities such as Winter Garden, and the importance of cities, counties, destination marketing organizations, nonprofits and other interests working together to support and promote trails.
If you are interested in attending or participating in the planning, please click here to complete the interest form. This will get you in the LOOP for planning, get you on the mailing list for the newsletter, and allow you to post comments in our planning forum.
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please click here to view the sponsor categories.
NOTE: You must complete the form and be approved by the web administrator to post comments in the forum.